There can be many reasons why you would have to enter a radio code for your Honda. The most likely reason is if your vehicle has lost power and your radio has lost its memory. This can leave you asking yourself, how to enter Honda radio code?
The process of entering your code is relatively simple. It will work on all types of Honda and Acura products, whether it’s a Honda Civic radio code or a Honda Accord with navigation code.
How To Enter Honda Radio Code The Easiest Way
The easiest way to enter your radio code is by not entering it all! Although this method does not work on all models and years, it is a great place to start.
If you turn your radio on and it asks you to enter your code, then follow these steps:
- Turn your vehicle in the run position, but don’t start the car.
- If the radio turns on, then turn the radio off by hitting the power button.
- Once the radio is off, press and hold the power button for 30 to 60 seconds.
If this works, the radio will turn right on, and you will not need to enter your radio code.
However, again this does not work on all models, and if it doesn’t work on your vehicle, then continue reading on where to find your radio code and how to enter your Honda radio code.
How To Retrieve Your Code
In order to enter the code, the first thing you need is to have the code. So if you don’t know it, here are three ways to find your Honda code.
- The dealer should have given you a card and put it with your owner’s manual. This will not only have your radio code but the serial numbers associated with your radio and navigation system.
- If you don’t have the card, the easiest way to find your radio code is to hold the 1 and 6 preset buttons while you turn on the radio. From there, your serial number will appear on the screen. If you write that number down and follow the steps described here, you will be able to get your radio code.
- If all else fails, take it to the dealership, and they will give you your radio code.
Honda Radio Code Entry Instructions
Entering your Honda radio code is pretty straightforward, and you will use the presets buttons to correspond to the numbers of the code.
- Put your vehicle into the run position, but don’t start the engine.
- Turn on the radio, and when it asks to enter code, you will do so by using the preset numbers on your radio.
- On the navigation system or some upper-level model, there will be numbers that pop up on the screen, and you enter the code there.
So if you ever change your battery or just lose programming on your radio, you don’t have to ask how to enter Honda radio code or where do I find my code anymore.